Stocking has started in southeastern waters, other regions of the state will begin soon.
MassWildlife staff are stocking nearly 500,000 brook, rainbow, brown, and tiger trout across Massachusetts this spring. Stocking is scheduled to begin in March, and over 75% of the trout will be over 12 inches!
If you are looking for stocking information for a particular waterbody or town, use the table. Type the name of the waterbody or town into the search window to find all stocking reports for that location. You can also use the table to sort based on an attribute including town, waterbody, or type of fish.
Use the map to zoom and pan to different regions of the state and discover new destinations for fishing. Zoom to the area you want to explore and then click on an icon for more information on that location. Stocking locations on streams are accurate, but fish swim, so be sure to investigate other reaches of the stream as well.
If you prefer, you can get a list of all waters that will be stocked this year.
*Note: The stocking report is subject to change depending on staffing, equipment, and weather conditions.
2021 Stocking Stats
MassWildlife will stock approximately 500,000 brook, brown, rainbow, and tiger trout will be stocked this spring.
- More than 75% of the trout will be over 12 inches
- More than 45% of the trout will be over 14 inches
- More than 48,000 brook trout will be over 12 inches
- More than 48,000 brown trout will be over 12 inches
- More than 200,000 rainbow trout will be over 14 inches
- More than 500 brown trout and 500 brook trout will be over 18 inches
- 1,000 brook trout will be over 14 inches
- All 2,500 tiger trout will be over 14 inches