Current Job Openings:
Digital Marketing Specialist (posted 7/23/2020)
Job Summary: Join the team at On The Water, the Northeast’s fastest-growing fishing & boating media company, and help us create happy readers, users, and customers while maximizing revenue and profit. The Digital Marketing Specialist will assist the Editorial Team Leader in efforts to develop, grow, and convert our audience – including print magazine readership, digital audience, users, and customers.
What you’ll do:
- Manage websites and social media channels for growth and engagement
- Create and curate editorial content related to fishing and boating
- Plan and execute paid and organic digital and social campaigns
- Manage and Improve email marketing efforts
- Track data, analyze results, and incorporate learnings to improve results
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree coursework or experience in communications and marketing
- Experience managing social media platforms and developing content for multiple channels.
- Experience in digital marketing, email marketing, and audience development
- SEO, SEM, and email marketing skills
- Ability to work within WordPress framework
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate changes
- A passion for fishing and boating is a plus!
This is a full-time position based in Falmouth, Massachusetts on Cape Cod. Remote work arrangement is a possibility for the right candidate. To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing Career Opportunities:
Although we are not actively searching for the following positions, we’re always looking for talented people to join our growing team. Submit your resume and we’ll let you know if an opportunity arises.
Passionate about fishing? Passionate about digital and social media? Love to tell stories through writing, photography, and video? This is your dream job. We’re looking for individuals who can create and edit content – print, online, social, video, email – about fishing and boating in the Northeast. You should be knowledgeable about fishing and comfortable on boats. You must be motivated to stay at the forefront of quickly-shifting media trends.
- Work directly with the Managing Editor to plan, develop, edit, and publish fishing and boating content.
- Plan and execute social content strategies to develop brand and grow audience.
- Work closely with the editorial and marketing departments to generate new campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of digital strategy, trends, and tools
- Great writing and editing skills
- Passion for fishing in the Northeas
- Prior experience in media creation, marketing, or communications
- A solid portfolio of writing samples
- Experience creating and editing content for social platforms
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com.
Seeking a talented video storyteller who enjoys all aspects of production to create a variety of content for a local media company centered around fishing and boating. Must be comfortable working outdoors. Should have experience with all aspects of video production, from concept to completion, including storyboarding, scripting, directing, interviewing, videography, audio, lighting and post-production.
Position is based in our office in Falmouth, Massachusetts and includes a mix of creating short-form content, social media video, filming, photography, and editing for TV episode broadcasts.
- 2+ years of video editing experience ideal
- Familiarity with NLE systems, ideally Adobe Premiere and the Creative Cloud Suite.
- Knowledge of filming with DSLRs / Mirrorless Camera systems is a must.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Familiarity with Sound Design, Adobe After Effects a plus
- Familiarity with proper formatting for various web and social media upload
- Professional drone photography and videography a big plus.
- Willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include links to previous work or reel as well as a brief description of the roles you performed in each production.
Advertising Sales Manager
Have a passion for fishing & boating? On The Water Magazine has an immediate opening for a Regional Advertising Sales Manager. The position offers an opportunity to represent highly respected print and digital media products.
This position requires the ability to close along with polished phone skills, excellent time management, an understanding of customer needs, and attention to detail. A “do whatever it takes to be successful” attitude and a track record of excellence is a must to join our team.
• Sales experience, with track record of initiating, managing, and growing long-term business relationships
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
Send cover letter and resume attention: email@example.com
Internship Opportunities Available:
On The Water LLC offers a limited number of internships in our graphic design, editorial, circulation, TV production, photography and sales and marketing departments. Internships are unpaid, but the hours are flexible. Typically we ask our interns to come in for two days a week, but many choose to come in more often to gain experience. We try to make sure that the students get a good learning experience. You should be able to obtain college credits for the internship, depending on your school. If you are student looking for fun, educational and challenging experience, On The Water may have just the right learning experience for you.
On The Water, the Northeast’s leading fishing magazine and television show, is seeking a summer intern to assist our editorial department. Responsibilities may include copy editing, fact-checking , researching and writing. A love of the outdoors and fishing is a real plus. Great opportunity to gain experience and build a portfolio. Opportunities are available to work in our Falmouth, Massachusetts office or to work remotely/telecommute from anywhere in the Northeast. Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Content Internship
On The Water is seeking an intern to assist with developing content and special projects for OnTheWater.com. The right candidate will find opportunities to get involved in online marketing, e-commerce, social media, and writing and editing content. Interest and experience in writing for the web or web design preferred. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and build a portfolio. Opportunities are available to work in our Falmouth, Massachusetts office or to work remotely/telecommute from anywhere in the Northeast. Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Sales & Marketing Internship
On The Water, the Northeast’s leading fishing magazine and television show, is seeking interns to help out in the busy circulation & marketing department in our Falmouth, Massachusetts office. Responsibilities will include helping out with the day–to –day operation of the department handling customer service, marketing, data entry, order fulfillment and clerical work while also participating in the planning and implementation of circulation marketing plans and promoting the growth of the magazine. Individuals should be outgoing, bright, and energetic quick learners who are willing to take on new tasks and challenges daily. A love of the outdoors and fishing is a real plus. If you are looking for a fun and challenging work environment On The Water may have just the right learning experience for you.
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphic Design Internship
On The Water is seeking a graphic design student to work with our design team for the summer. The student will get a lot of hands-on experience in the design field, and work on a variety of projects related to magazine design. Most of the work centers around advertising and editorial design. The internship is unpaid, but the hours are flexible. Typically we ask our interns to come in for two days a week, but many choose to come in more often to gain experience. We try to make sure that the students get a good learning experience. You should be able to obtain college credits for the internship, depending on your school.
If you are interested in the position, please email a cover letter, your resume and 5 or 6 examples of your graphic designwork in pdf format to email@example.com.
We are looking for a student with a passion for fishing and photography to work with our design department this summer. Tasks would include photographing various fishing trips throughout New England, as well as working at our Falmouth, Massachusetts office two days per month to assist with product photography and photo editing. Must provide own camera and transportation. The internship is unpaid, but the hours are flexible and we will compensate for any travel expenses.
If you are interested in the position, please email a cover letter, your resume and examples of your photography to firstname.lastname@example.org.