November/December 2012 November/December 2012
There’s plenty of fishing left in 2012, and the November/December Issue of OTW will tell you all about it. Be there for the last leg of the fall run as it moves through the Jersey Shore. Find out where to catch your first muskie and brush up on your baitcasting to catch more largemouths. Also included is the 2013 Boat and Power Preview and a Fisherman’s Gift Guide to help you make your wish list for this Holiday Season.
Jersey Shore Marathon
Catch the last of the fall run as it passes through New Jersey.
How can I explain such a personal quest? How can I justify the time, effort, money, sweat and tears spent on an 11-year mission? It’s been 11 years since I saw my first large blue marlin swim into the spread, 11 years since that fish decimated my spread, burned skin from my fingers, crushed my ego and painted an enduring image in my brain.
New Jersey’s Muskie-Mania
Look no further than the Garden State to target the top of the freshwater food chain.
A practical guide to bass fishing with low-profile baitcasters.
Take care of your equipment now to enjoy hassle-free fishing next spring.
2013 Boat & Power Buyer’s Guide
Discover what’s available for a new year and new season of boating and fishing.
On The Water’s 2012 Angler’s Gift Guide
114 Great Gift Ideas
- Tales & Scales
- Field Test Favorites
- Ask Pops: Dave “Pops” Masch
- Lure of the Month: John D. Silva
- Naturalist’s Logbook: Alan Desbonnet
- Guide Flies: Tony Lolli
- On the Fly: Pete Barrett
- From The Helm: Joel Matthews
- Cooking the Catch: Dave “Pops” Masch
- Community Events
- In The Wake: Charley Soares
- Cape May & Delaware Bay Captain Bob Cope
- New Jersey Freshwater Tom Pagliaroli
- South Jersey Shore Captain Ed Berger
- North Jersey Shore Captain Jim Freda
- Upstate New York Rob Streeter
- Metro New York City Captain John McMurray
- Long Island South Shore Charles A. Witek III
- Long Island East End Captain Tom Mikoleski
- Long Island North Shore Angelo Peluso